Thursday, September 2, 2010

Paris at last!

Hi all - I finally made it to Paris (where I have a FIVE hour layover - so lots of time to write)! The flight itself was fine, although I did sit next to two fairly smelly and annoying french people that wouldn't shut up. I watched the movie Just Wright (great movie by the way - mom, you'd love it!) and then fell asleep with my eye mask on for the rest. Oh and I also started The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo book which is really good already. Once I arrived in Paris, however, the issues arrived. The flight was huge so the line to get through immigration took FOREVER and then once I got on the other side I had no idea where I was supposed to go to pick up my luggage (for my next flight which was on a separate airline... they wouldn't let me check it all the way through from Boston to Rabat). Once I got my luggage (which I had a lot of trouble carrying on my own.. I think I have a permanent cramp in my left shoulder) I had to go through customs - or so I thought - but I kinda just walked right out of the airport..and found myself on the streets of Paris. So then I had to find a shuttle bus to take me to the terminal I needed to get to.. and I needed help lifting my heavy bag onto the shuttle so of course that was a process. (I secretly wanted to go into the city and shop for a few hours but I had all my bags and I could barely carry them across one end of the airport to another). Then there was too much traffic at 2F (the terminal I needed to be at) so they dropped me at 2E and told me to find my way to 2F. Luckily, I found an underground electronic walkway thingy that took me there. However, since it is only 10am here now (it was 915ish when I got to 2F) my flight was not listed on the board - which of course took me a couple minutes to realize so I panicked when I did not see Rabat on the departures list. But I asked an information desk and they told me where to go and I went through security and all that again.. and now I am finally in and settled. The paris airport is cool, I had to take an elevator to the "toilettes" and the toilet seats were pink (so naturally, I felt at home). I am currently sitting in some cafe and once I finish writing this I will go get myself a chocolate croissant:)

There is so much french around me my head is already spinning.. god help me when I actually get to MOROCCO. I have another 2.5 hours here in this airport so if i'm REALLY bored and have a good story to tell I may update this again, but for now- that's all folks! Wish me luck because in 5 or 6 hours (I can't figure out all these time changes) I'll be in MOROCCO!!!!

1 comment:

  1. I'm going to write you comments, because i always LOVED getting comments. This blog is awesome! Keep it uppp. Brought such anxiety remembering my first day traveling to Italy.. it was so overwhelming. But you made it! And you seem to be having a blast. Take everything in. Lovee You

    ReplyDelete